From horse-trading allegations to a possible return to ‘resort politics’, the ball is well and truly in Governor Vajubhai Vala’s court. Here are the Top-10 developments…
- JD(S), CONGRESS DELEGATION TO MEET GOVERNOR: A delegation of the JD(S) and Congress to meet Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala at 5 pm today, to ask him to invite the Congress-JD(S) coalition to form the government.
- Rs 100 CRORE BRIBE CLAIM: HD Kumaraswamy makes sensational allegation that the BJP is offering many JD(S) MLAs Rs 100 crore each along with a berth in the cabinet.
- BJP RUBBISHES HORSETRADING ALLEGATIONS: The BJP rejected HD Kumaraswamy’s bribe-for-support allegations terming them baseless. “Poaching & horse trading is not done by BJP, Congress is famous for it. Their own MLAs are not happy with their alliance,” Union Minister Prakash Javadekar, also the Karnataka BJP in-charge, said.
- BJP TOO APPROACHED ME, CLAIMS KUMARSWAMY: “I have been offered from both sides (Congress & BJP). There’s a black spot on my father’s career because of my decision to go with the BJP in 2004 & 2005. So God has given me opportunity to remove this black spot,” Kumaraswamy said.
- YEDDYURAPPA ELECTED LEADER OF BJPLP: BS Yeddyurappa elected leader of BJP Legislature Party during a meeting of newly-elected party MLAs.
- YEDDYURAPPA STAKES CLAIM TO FORM GOVT: Yeddyurappa met Karnataka Governor after being elected leader of BJP Legislature Party. He handed over a letter of support of MLAs to Governor. “I hope he will call me to form the government,” Yeddyurappa said after meeting the governor.
- WILL TAKE OATH TOMORROW, CLAIMS YEDDYURAPPA: BS Yedyurappa tells reporters before meeting Governor Vala that he will take oath tomorrow. BJP, he said, has the requisite numbers.
- CONGRESS, JD(S) MLAs ‘MISSING’: As JD(S) MLAs chose HD Kumaraswamy leader of the JD(S) legislative party, news agency ANI reported that two legislators — Raja Venkatappa Nayaka and Venkata Rao Nadagouda — missed the party meeting.
- RESORT POLITICS BACK: Both Congress and JD(S) are trying to keep all their MLAs with them and getting ready to rush their flock to safe resorts.
10. SIGNATURES MISSING: Signatures of three MLAs of JD(S)-Congress combine missing from the MLA checklist.